Irish Funds Autumn 2019 Newsletter Now Available25 November 2019
The Irish Funds Autumn 2019 Newsletter has now been published. Read updates on factor-based strategies, ETFs, institutional platform innovation, sustainable finance, and funds industry corporate social responsibility activities.
We publish regular newsletters and updates with articles written by investment fund professionals which provide in-depth analyses and insights on funds industry hot topics. We welcome involvement from our member firms and if you have any feedback or are interested in contributing an article or idea, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics covered in the Autumn 2019 edition include:
- What Exactly Is a Factor? - Melissa Brown (Qontigo) highlights the growing popularity of factor-based strategies and explains what a factor is.
- Non-Transparent ETFs - Paul Heffernan and Robert Malone (HSBC Securities Services) take a look at non-transparent ETFs, the potential benefits for active managers and the likelihood this product will be available in Europe.
- Making an impact in communities - Clive Bellows (Chairperson of basis.point) demonstrates the importance of joined up giving and the educational programmes donations support.
- Institutional Platform Innovation - Eoin Motherway (AMX) looks at how platform innovations are benefiting institutional investors, asset managers and advisers.
- Irish Funds Regional Roadshow Recap - Irish Funds held a series of roundtable events with business leaders, politicians and other industry participants in 7 counties across the country.
- EU Action Plan on Sustainable Finance - Lorena Dunne (William Fry) outlines key areas of proposed EU regulation on disclosures relating to sustainable investments and sustainability risks.
- The 4th Industrial Revolution - Hector McNeill (HANetf) delves into the Internet of Things, smart manufacturing, cyber-physical systems and digital transformation and what it means from an investment perspective.
- IFRIC 23 - impact for investment funds - Rio Howley (KPMG) takes a detailed look at IFRIC 23, and its impact on the Uncertainty on Income Tax Treatments for investment funds.
- Irish Funds Member Update 2019 - Find out about participation in CSR programmes, sustainable finance and ESG, available resources, upcoming events, and sponsorship and promotional opportunities for 2020.