Irish Funds ESG Newsletter 2019 Now Available27 October 2019
In the run up to Climate Finance Week Ireland 2019 on 4-8 November, this special edition of the newsletter looks at ESG and the funds industry. We welcome involvement from our member firms and if you have any feedback or are interested in contributing an article or idea, please contact us at email@example.com.
In our special ESG newsletter, read about ESG and the funds industry relating to Ireland, EU policy and regulation and wider trends.
Topics covered include:
- EU Action Plan on Sustainable Finance - Lorena Dunne (William Fry) outlines key areas of proposed EU regulation on disclosures relating to sustainable investments and sustainability risks.
- Emerging Trends in Sustainable Investing - Vanora Madigan (DMS) highlights the emerging trends in sustainable investing and key areas of focus globally and in Ireland
- Asset Management: Integrating ESG Risk - Geoffrey Cheasty (Deloitte) sets out some of the practical considerations for asset managers, when taking a risk based approach to ESG.
- Changing the Status Quo: Women and ESG - Sarah Maguire, Eimear Keane and Jill Shaw (Walkers) examine the rise of global female wealth and its role in the ESG movement.
- ESG: Ireland Moving to Greener Pastures - Pádraig Brosnan and Peter Stapleton (Maples Group) look at EU policy and regulation as well as the strategic decisions taken by Ireland to put itself at the epicentre of ESG integration.
- ESG Data: Room for Improvement - Chris Johnson and Paul Ellis (HSBC Securities Services) look at the data and metrics being used in ESG investing.
- ESG 'Dating Tips' for Asset Managers - Madhu Gayer (BNP Paribas Securities Services) provides research and tips for asset managers relating to ESG and asset owners' decision criteria.