Irish Funds Chief Executive Pat Lardner Joins basis.point Board of Directors11 September 2020
Demonstrating the Irish fund industry’s ongoing commitment to building brighter futures for children from disadvantaged backgrounds, basis.point are delighted to announce the appointment of Pat Larder, CEO Irish Funds, to the basis.point Board of Directors.
Over the past few years, Pat has been a great supporter of basis.point and through his stewardship of Irish Funds, has helped amplify the charity’s work as a caring philanthropic arm of the investment funds industry and the 16,000 people across the country who work in it. Recently the two organisations collaborated together, to raise an additional €200,000 to help tackle the immediate issues associated with the COVID–19 pandemic.
As a prominent figure within the Irish funds industry and given his executive and board experience Pat brings with him a wealth of insights and perspectives that should enable basis.point to support greater numbers of children to reach their potential through education.
As a result of Pat Lardner’s appointment basis.point look forward to exploring new avenues to strengthen the impact we can have on the lives of the most vulnerable in our communities.
Notes on The Irish Funds Industry Association (Irish Funds)
The Irish Funds Industry Association (Irish Funds) is the voice of the Funds and Asset Management industry in Ireland, representing 145+ members that service or manage in excess of 14,000 funds with a net asset value of €5.2 trillion.. Closer ties with basis.point will enable the industry to connect further with the charitable sector and maximise the contribution we can make.
Irish Funds Represents:
- 145+ member companies
- 14,000+ funds
- 16,000+ funds industry professionals
- €5.2 trillion in assets under administration
- €3.0 trillion in Irish domiciled funds
- Members include: asset managers, depositaries, administrators, transfer agents, auditors, law firms and other specialist firms
Notes on basis.point
- basis.point was first established in 2014 and is an integral part of the Irish Funds ecosystem.
- basis.point has raised and committed over €2million to educational initiatives supporting children from disadvantaged communities
- basis.point has over 100 Corporate Patrons and approximately 250 individual Patrons or Supporters.
- basis.point works closely with six educational charities throughout Ireland, ELI, Archways, Suas, TU Dublin, Foroige, Business in the Community.