Irish Funds Member Update Spring 2021
New Member Welcome
A warm welcome to our most recent new and upgraded members Crestbridge, DLA Piper, DWS, Equiom, First Derivatives, First Sentier Investors, Horizon8, IQ EQ, Janus Henderson, Lexis Nexis, Man Asset Management, MSIM FMIL, and Profidata. Our association represents 150+ member companies from across the funds and asset management industry and we appreciate your continuing support.
New Working Groups and Steering Groups
We were delighted with the unprecedented response to our call for Working Group nominations. We received 981 nominations for 36 Working Groups from 113 member firms. This is a clear endorsement of the value and attractiveness of the structure and our focus on effectiveness, industry impact and an outcome-oriented approach. New groups are getting up and running over the next couple of weeks. A special word of thanks to the outgoing WG participants and Chairs who have really helped to drive on the Association over the last two years.
Irish Funds Strategic Framework 2021 - 2023: Shaping the Future of Our Industry
In January we launched our new strategic framework identifying strategic action areas to enable us to be proactive in meeting the needs of all our members and representing their interests, immediately in 2021, but also over the course of the next three years and into the future. The framework is composed of 4 pillars: Advocacy, Leadership, Engagement, and Capability.
Irish Funds Annual Review and Other Publications
We recently published the Irish Funds Annual Review for 2020. In a very challenging year there was a huge amount we achieved together and this review gives us the opportunity to look back on all those efforts as well as get up to date statistics and updates on Working Group outcomes. There is an enormous team effort involved in what we do, with guidance and oversight from your elected Council and support from a dedicated Secretariat team as well as extensive commitment from the 700+ people on Working Groups, Steering Groups and Programme Office.
We have also recently published the following:
- Why Ireland 2021 – Euro and USD versions
- Investment Limited Partnership 2-page guide
- Irish Funds Sustainable Finance – Key Actions and Dates
- SFDR: Preparing for Compliance
- Fund Governance - Liquidity Risk Management Framework (member only publication)
Annual Global Funds Conference Online 2021 –19 & 20 May
The Irish Funds Annual Conference 2021 will be a fully online experience taking place 19 & 20 May. The Conference is on a fully interactive online platform which facilitates 1-1 browser-based networking alongside live and engaging content from leading fund and asset management industry experts. A stimulating agenda featuring global opinion leaders engaging via a series of keynote presentations, interviews and panel discussions will take place between 2:00pm and 5:45pm (Dublin time) on both days.
High profile industry and government speakers
- An Taoiseach, Micheál Martin, TD
- Mairead McGuinness, European Commissioner for Financial Services
- Ron O’Hanley, Chairman and CEO, State Street
- Shundrawn Thomas, President, Northern Trust Asset Management
- John Herlihy, Former VP LinkedIn and Former VP Google
- Derville Rowland, Director of Financial Conduct, Central Bank of Ireland
- Mark Esposito PhD, Harvard University
- David McCourt, Chairman, National Broadband Ireland
Panels on key industry topics with 40+ speakers
The theme for the 2021 Conference is “Accelerated Transformation – disruption and opportunity” and this year’s agenda will include thought-provoking content and will cover a number of key areas in the funds industry, including:
- Discussion with Business Leaders – What Next?
- The Office (Back to the Future…)
- Generating Dividends through Diversity and Inclusion
- CP86 - Governance in Motion
- Update from Regulators (including CBI, ESMA & FCA)
- Investment Limited Partnership & Private Assets
- Transformation through Technology
- ESG – from green shoots to full bloom
- Embedding FinTech – no longer just a buzzword
Connecting with industry professionals and companies
- Upload photograph and biography to create a virtual profile
- Connect with peers directly via live webcam and chat interfaces
- Visit virtual booths to engage with sponsors
- Interact with presenters via Q&A and live polling
- View all content on-demand
Conference rate until 7 May: €150.00 (Members) / €200.00 (Non-Members)
Book your place today to connect with other industry professionals and get the latest updates on key funds and asset management industry topics and trends.