Why Ireland 2019 – updated facts and figures8 March 2019
The Why Ireland 2019 brochure is now available. Get the latest facts and figures and read about why Ireland is a key strategic location for investment managers from all over the globe to develop and expand their international distribution footprint.
Did you know that…
- Ireland was ranked 1st in the world for inward investment by quality and value for the 7th year in a row. IBM 2018 Global Location Report
- Ireland was ranked as the 2nd best country in the Eurozone for doing business, coming an overall 11th in the world. Forbes Best Countries for Business 2018
- IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook 2018 ranks Ireland in the top 15 countries that are most competitive globally.
- More than 50% of the world’s leading financial services firms have a base here. Enterprise Ireland, 2018
- 96% of responding multinational companies rate their investment in Ireland as a success. 9 out of 10 CEOs plan to increase or maintain their investment in Ireland. The PwC 2017 CEO Pulse Survey
- Ireland is the domicile for 5.4% of world-wide investment funds assets, making it the 3rd largest global centre and the 2nd largest in Europe. EFAMA International Statistical Release, Q3 2018
- Ireland is a committed member of the EU and will remain so, providing full market access to the EU. It is the only English-speaking common law jurisdiction in the Eurozone.
- The 2018 Eurobarometer survey reported that Irish people had the most positive view of the EU and 85% feel they are EU citizens.
- With over 5,000 classes listed, Euronext Dublin is recognised worldwide as the leading centre for listing investment funds. Investment managers from over 40 global locations list their funds on Euronext Dublin. Euronext Dublin, 2018
- 40% of global hedge fund assets are serviced in Ireland, making it the largest hedge fund administration centre in the world and Europe’s leading hedge fund domicile.
- Ireland is a leading European domicile for exchange traded funds. Irish domiciled ETFs represent approximately 58% of the total European ETF market. EFAMA International Statistical Release, Q3 2018