Careers at Irish Funds
Irish Funds is committed to the development of our most valuable resource – people. We are a small team of dedicated professionals focused on excelling in all that we do.
Irish Funds are currently seeking for the below role -
Role – Finance, Governance and Operations Manager
Basis: Full-time, Permanent
Reporting to: Director - Finance, Governance & Operations
This managerial role within the Finance, Governance and Operations team at Irish Funds offers an exciting opportunity for a professional with a part or full accounting qualification and experience across a range of disciplines (finance, IT, process and change management, governance). Reporting to the Director of Finance, Governance & Operations, you will have direct responsibility for the day-to-day activities in managing the Association’s financial, operational and governance infrastructure within Irish Funds as well as supporting a range of initiatives in achievement of strategic objectives. This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to further develop their analytical and technical knowledge and skills of all aspects of finance and operations for a small organisation within the funds industry. The successful candidate for this role must demonstrate proven operational capability; have experience across a range of operational, finance and project management activities, preferably in a services environment, and a strong track record of successfully implementing process improvement plans.
- Operations, IT and Project Management:
- Management of the office infrastructure/external services we require to function.
- Support the Director in driving and executing key operational and IT projects, working with internal and external multidisciplinary project teams.
- Managing and developing the organisation’s IT systems architecture, infrastructure and the third-party service provider relationships which support it.
- Negotiating and managing key supplier relationships to agreed service and cost parameters. Leading RFP and tender processes where required
- Financial Control:
- Managing the finance function and providing the Director with financial information and analysis to ensure the effective management of the organisation’s finances, and support preparation of statutory accounts, management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Managing financial control processes for the organisation, including taxation processes and acting as primary interface with the external auditors.
- Maintaining oversight and quality assurance over key operational processes
- Lead Health & Safety in the organisation, driving Health & Safety best practice initiatives
- Support the Director in adherence to all internal and external governance codes, policies and legislation alongside the support of external advisors.
- Team building, People and Influencing:
- Provide support to the Finance and Operations Director as well as collaborating and influencing across functions
- Manage, coach and develop a small internal Finance and Operations team
- Support and maintain the positive culture and teamwork within the organisation.
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Execution focused professional who thrives on delivering measurable, high quality outcomes to completion in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Third level business degree or equivalent
- Part qualified accountant with 5 years+ experience in operations/business management roles.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to deal professionally with senior executives.
- Excellent financial, analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with ability to deal effectively with administration staff and other stakeholders as required.
- Track record of successfully delivering business and IT projects.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure; managing multiple and conflicting priorities and supporting others to deliver to deadline.
Experience and knowledge of a range of software components and tools (Microsoft office suite, CRM, Accounting Systems). Network and IT infrastructure knowledge a benefit but not a requirement.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.