Tokyo Seminar 2016
The Tokyo Seminar will take place on Wednesday, 24 August 2016.
The Ambassador of Ireland to Japan Anne Barrington will be providing the welcome address with an overview of developments in the Irish economy, Ireland’s continued commitment to the European Union in the wake of the outcome of the referendum in the UK, and bilateral relations with Japan as we approach our 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations.
A series of presentations and panel sessions outlining the regulatory and distribution related matters of significant interest to Japanese investment managers and the broader industry will be the focus of our seminar.
Further information and agenda details will be added as we finalise our arrangements.
Irish Funds would like to thank SuMi TRUST and PwC for hosting this event.
View the agenda in Japanese by clicking the button on the right.
Registration and coffee
H.E. Ms Anne Barrington, Ambassador of Ireland to Japan
Mr Makoto Shirakawa, Chairman of the Investment Trusts Association, Japan
An update on the Irish Funds Industry, implications of Brexit and the evolvement and opportunities for the industry:
- Mr Pat Lardner, CEO, Irish Funds
A global solution from a Japanese Investment Manager’s perspective with details on Overview and introduction to Asset Management Regulatory and Distribution in Europe
- Fund Distribution in Europe and Regulatory Influences
Mr. Gerhard Wiesheu, Partner, Metzler
Mr. Naoki Kubo, Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers Aarata LLC
Ms. Linda Power, Vice President, State Street Corporation
A global solution from a Japanese Investment Manager’s perspective with details on:
- An example of regulatory solutions – Mr Peter Callaghan, COO, SMT Fund Services (Ireland)
- Effects on Irish and Cayman domiciled funds – Mr Shane Geraghty, Senior Associate, Dillon Eustace
- Mr Tetsuya Handa, Associate General Manager, SuMi TB
- Mr Gerhard Wiesheu, Partner, Metzler
- Ms Kayoko Usuda, Partner, Simplex Asset Management
- Mr Shinji Naito, Managing Director, SPARX Asset Management
- Mr Kenji Nakamura, Tax Partner, PwC Tax Japan
Mr Hideki Hiraki, Senior Managing Executive Officer, SuMi TB