Careers at Irish Funds
Irish Funds is committed to the development of our most valuable resource – people. We are a small team of dedicated professionals focused on excelling in all that we do. It is crucial to our ongoing success that we hire highly skilled professionals, support their ongoing development and utilise their skills to best meet the objectives of our members in supporting and promoting the funds industry in Ireland.
Irish Funds is currently recruiting a Director Finance & Operations. Details of the role are below.
The Director – Finance and Operations is a key leadership position within Irish Funds and a member of the senior management team. Reporting to the CEO, this executive has direct responsibility for the leadership and management of the Association’s financial, operational and governance infrastructure as well as a driving a range of initiatives which support the achievement of our strategic objectives. Working closely with the Governing Council of the Association, the Director - Finance and Operations plays a key role in developing, managing and influencing relationships with Senior/C-suite stakeholders from across the industry.
The successful candidate for this role must demonstrate proven leadership and business management capability; have 10 years+ experience across a range of operational, finance and project management activities, preferably in a services environment, and a strong track record of successfully directing and managing operational business functions, cross-functional teams and executing business critical, strategic projects.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an execution focussed professional with an accounting qualification and experience across a range of disciplines (finance, governance, project management, IT and human resources) to join a successful and focused senior management team in developing and supporting a thriving and dynamic industry.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Leading, directing and managing the finance function and providing the CEO and Governing Council with financial information and analysis to ensure the effective management of the organisation’s finances, including the preparation of statutory accounts, management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Developing and managing financial control processes for the organisation, supporting the Audit Committee in their governance role and acting as primary interface with the external auditors.
- Identifying and driving income generating opportunities and cost saving initiatives.
Operations, IT and Project Management
- Developing and maintaining oversight and quality assurance over key operational processes which support the provision of services to members.
- Management of the office infrastructure/external services we require to function.
- Working with the other internal teams to identify enhancements/new ways of delivering value to our members. Supporting new initiatives or issue resolution.
- Primary business lead in driving and executing key operational and IT projects, working with internal and external multidisciplinary project teams.
- Developing, planning and overseeing the organisation’s IT systems architecture, infrastructure and the third-party service provider relationships which support it.
- Negotiating and managing key supplier relationships to agreed service and cost parameters. Leading RFP and tender processes where required.
Leadership, People and Influencing
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Finance and Operations team as well as collaborating and influencing across functions covering a wide array of professionals and industry stakeholders
- Manage, coach and develop internal Finance and Operations team to enable achievement of their personal and professional potential.
- Support and maintain the positive culture and teamwork within the organisation.
Member and Senior Stakeholder Engagement
- Primary enabler and facilitator at a number of key delivery forums comprising Senior/C- suite representatives from member firms and our Governing Council.
- Maintaining oversight of the effectiveness and efficiency of our industry working group architecture which requires regular interaction with a wide-range of professionals from global industry firms.
- Provide the lead from within the secretariat team in supporting and facilitating the work of our Innovation, Skills and Technology Steering Group.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- As a key member of the senior management team, provide input and direction in the formulation and implementation of our business strategy.
- Advise and support the CEO and Governing Council in matters of strategy development and execution including monitoring of progress against key milestones and targets.
- Primary support to the CEO and Chairperson of the Association for the delivery of an effective programme of Council meetings and other key stakeholder events (e.g. AGM).
- Direct responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Company Constitution in the ongoing running of the organisation.
- Work with the CEO in developing appropriate codes of governance or procedures to facilitate a highly professional organisation.
- Oversee adherence to all internal and external governance codes, policies and legislation (e.g. Lobbying Act, CRO requirements, General Data Protection Regulations, Health & Safety, Companies Act) with the support of external advisors. Advise the CEO on developments in these areas and working to develop appropriate solutions for the Association.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Execution focused professional who thrives on delivering measurable, high quality outcomes to completion in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Qualified accountant with 10 years+ experience in operations/business management roles, ideally in a services environment. At least 3 years’ experience working in a leadership capacity with people management responsibility.
- Solutions driven, self-starter who applies critical and creative thinking in order to arrive at effective and timely decisions. Equally adept at working on their own or as part of team.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and is a highly effective influencer. Creates a sense of purpose and fosters collaboration by way of clear communication (written and verbal), personal impact and high functioning emotional intelligence.
- Strong relationship management capability, with proven ability to successfully develop and manage multiple internal and external relationships.
- Proven experience operating at senior management level in driving multi-disciplinary business and commercial improvements with tangible and measurable outputs.
- Track record of successfully leading and delivering business and IT projects which resulted in significant process change and/or organisational transformation.
- Ideally, experience should demonstrate an ability to consider and assess legal, audit and compliance matters as well as developing and monitoring budgets and project plans.
- Technologically literate and commercially aware with an ability to foster collaboration between technical IT professionals and end users to design and implement new processes and systems that enhance efficiency and utility in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to deliver.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure; managing multiple and conflicting priorities, and supporting others to deliver to deadline.
- Experience and knowledge of a range of software components and tools (Microsoft office suite, CRM, Accounting Systems). Network and IT infrastructure knowledge a benefit but not a requirement.
How to apply
Appropriately experienced candidates are asked to submit their cv together with a covering letter to email@example.com.
1 September 2017